Sunday 10 July 2011

.funny.how.we.grow.

Its funny how you do change as you grow up. Always saying you never want to be like your parents, but your own person. How your views and opinions change with age. How your taste buds also seem to change as you get older. Then again, nothing is ever stagnant. We live in a sea of constant motion.

Remember the days when you are younger but you 'thought' you were a grown-up, and how all your thoughts were just like an adult, but in reality they really weren't. And just the mentality you have as a youngster is so different. I remember the phase of never wanting to plan out life, just going with it. But who was I kidding, I've been a planner my whole life. I love having everything in order, I like it my way, in the simplest explanation. And that trait becomes one of the qualities that makes a great teacher, organization. Now, I know my mother would love to beg to differ, but my room was a beautiful disaster. I could find anything in it! Along with growing up comes the change in how you care for your room. I think it has something to do with the fact that you now pay for this living space, and you want it nice and tidy. But when its your parents' house, its not the same feeling. Funny how that works.

One thing that hasn't changed over the years is my constant need to document my life (which I am most definitely sure I get from my dad). Since the beginning of my life, it has been documented through video but mostly photo. My father is big on pictures and that rubbed off on me. I don't know what it is, maybe I am afraid of getting Alzheimers and I don't want to forget anything. But I also love looking back on everything I have done in life, especially this year with living abroad. Looking back on the photos I have accumulated just within one year nearly breaks 8000!!! Insane isn't it! Everything from where I've been to what I've eaten, its all there. You can't bottle up smells (which is apparently supposed to be the strongest thing that connects you to a memory) but you can take a picture or a video, so why not right?! But with all this new age technology i have grown up in, the possibility of loosing all these digital memories is a real possibility, a real heart breaking possibility.

This blog was supposed to be my diary/time line of what I've been doing this past year, but it's been so hard to keep it all updated and there are millions of things that I haven't written about. So many photos that I want to share, but there just isn't enough time in the day. BUT, school does close for the summer in 2 weeks, so be ready for chapters to unleash!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment