Wednesday 5 January 2011

.new.year.new.look.

 It only took me 5 months to decide and finally do it! And to be honest, I kind of wish I hadn't. I hate that some of my reasons FOR cutting it were very, what they say, soccer mom-ish and grown up. Being on supply mornings are very hectic, and this short hair gives me ability to just get up and go. Its so short that nothing really messes it up, I mean, I woke up this morning with my hair looking exactly as it was the night before. Now, with long hair, god NO. Its a daily battle trying to get it the way I want. Not only is that the first battle, but keeping it like that ALL dam day is a hard thing too. And being a primary teacher, (lately early years teacher) kids are constantly touching it, or at least trying to touch my hair lol. "Oh Miss.... I LOVE your hair, can I play with it?" as cute as you are.... HELLZ NO! On the other hand, change is good they say, so I also thought I might give that a chance. Its a new year right?!

The salon I did choose in the end, I was very pleased with. They were really nice, and my stylist was amazing. I asked her to change it twice :s It did however take three very L   O  N  G   hours and Mike can definitely vouch for that! My darling stayed and waited for me the whole three hours :) The 'down' side to this do is that it is very hard to maintain, as in, it needs to be cut very often to keep the look...aka very costly :s Luckily this time I purchased a Groupon coupon and saved almost 70quid! Amazing!!!


 So a new year is now beginning. I got the new look, trying to keep a new mindset, and if only now it was a new life, and by life, I am really referring to work. I JUST WANT A CONTRACT! I hate this daily uncertainty of where I am going! I think that is one of the most disliked parts of my job. Commuting here SUCKS, now if I had a vehicle, it probably wouldn't be so bad! :p
I also thought I wouldn't be back to work this week, since most teachers do not take break after having a 2 week break! But I am actually taking over a nursery class for rather grim reasons. But its ok I suppose, its work right, work means MMMMMONEY which makes Miss Kelly VERY HAPPY :D lol This is the only class that calls me Miss Kelly, its kinda cute. This week we are working on the letter M and people who help us, specifically, Mummy! Lets me honest, most of these children don't even know their names. BUT, ah well, they love to cut and paste! HENCE, photos below, my night, preparing their activity for tomorrow or friday lol. MONKEYS! hahaha, and macaroni M's :D
Nursery & Reception (JK & SK) are fun at times, but too much of it makes me a litttttle crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment