Sunday 9 January 2011

.coffee.cannot.live.without.it.


cof·fee [kaw-fee, kof-ee]
1. a beverage consisting of a decoction or infusion of the roasted ground or crushed seeds (coffee beans) of the two-seeded fruit (coffee berry) of certain coffee trees.
2. a social gathering at which coffee and other refreshments are served.



Every morning is a battle all on its own. Weekends are supposed to be a time to relax, a time to get away from the Monday to Friday craziness. Being in a new city, those everyday routine indulgences must now be replaced with a new chain. No more timmy's... so unfortunate. Of course, like every other country in the world, Starbucks is still alive and well here in the UK. But.... its time to start experiencing new cafes and hidden coffee nooks. This will be a re-occurring posting of all the new coffee places I have come to either love or loath.

#1) Cafe Nero - as previously mentioned and a number of occasions, this is one of my fav places to be. The atmosphere mimics Williams from home. Its quite, cozy, and they have good coffee :) It is the type of place that you can settle into and get some work done if needed. Or even just some relax time.









#2) Shakes - first time experience was today, January 9th 2011. Its more of a desert type of drink place. Amazing selection of hot chocolates, teas, and milkshakes. I will most definitely be revisiting this place again! I think its a great social place without all the fuss. There is something for everyone at Shakes.





#3) Coffee Republic - first checked it out the day I chopped off my long hair. It was a 'meh'. I ordered a gingerbread latte, not the greatest I can tell you that, Starbucks does it much MUCH better. What I did like about this place is their design. I really liked the tables, posters, even the sugar packets had a neat look to it. Next time I pop in, I will definitely be trying something different.



 #4) Florenca - hands down Portugal has had the best coffee I have had since I moved over. It is a real European coffee, absolutely delicious. It is the type of coffee that I would probably drink 5 times a day. It goes down so smooth and has the greatest taste ever lol. This place in particular seemed very Portuguese. A lot of the coffee shops had a large selection of deserts, mainly Portuguese deserts. Very, very delicious :D



#5) Cabana Fresca - this beautiful restaurant was located over looking the beach in Albuferia Portugal. They had amazing coffee, amazing food/desert, and awesome staff. This is a wonderful restaurant and if you ever plan on going to Albuferia, this is a MUST go see and eat place! I had an authentic Albuferian dish for my last night there and it was AMAZING! Tasted a lot like home cooked filippino food, but still amazing :D
#6) This was a really great atmosphere! Went for a coffee and a game of jenga in Kings Heath with Andy & Lish. I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called but a really neat place! Its on high street in kings health lol if that helps anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment