Friday 15 October 2010

.holding.the.prized.possession.



So many thoughts about to spew out of these fingers. First of all, have you seen the new edition of the crackberry family, the new torch. As a CANADIAN born and bread product why on earth is it not available in Canada first? WHY? This just further emphasizes the notion that Canadians are followers and slaves to new technology, when really, we are creating these magnificent pieces of machinery. Why should we have to wait for all these new things to be released in other countries before it comes to Canada where it was developed? The UK, as much as I adore my new home, had the torched released here first. JIM! Show some dam Canadian pride! Even the new blackberry 6 software is not yet released in Canada. Dam Shame. Balsili, I am disappointed. It looks like a great phone, minus the slide keyboard, kiiiiinda gay. How about we make the current Bold 9700 touch, now thats a great idea!

Yellow symbolizes wisdom. Yellow means joy and happiness. People of high intellect favor yellow. Yellow daffodils are a symbol of unrequited love. Sunday's color is yellow-gold. There is a yellow carrier bag that is frequently seen in the hands of many roaming around b'ham. Like little bags of sunshine. They seem to portray feelings of happiness, elegance, and prosperity... aka rich ass mother fukkas! SELFRIDGES is one of the most amazing retail companies I have ever seen. They carry everything from jelly-bellys (2 quid for 100grams!) to pour your own liquor, superdry to burberry and prada. It seems the higher you go, the more expensive the items become. By the time you reach the 4th floor, you can find immaculate shoes by Jimmy Choo and Michael Kors. There is a sense of pride when holding a Selfridges bag, a feeling of, yeah I can afford something in there! I had that feeling a few days ago when I made my first purchase at Selfriges. Mind you it was on the first floor with a giant bull made out of jelly-bellys and a krispy kreme shop! I purchased a book. A type of cooking book, one that you write in your own recipes (mike & I are starting something new! Writing down all the good meals we made this year). Selfridges is a place where things are shinny and new, cool and creative, and everything you could want. Most definitely one of my new favourite stores! (when I have money that is!) It is the mecca of designer and label whores, it is the creme de la creme of department stores, and it is the one store that hand selects who they wish to display. Only the best.




 I admit. I am a must have the 'it' item girl. As impractical as the torch may be, I still want it. And there will me many, many more purchases and yellow bags coming home with me this year. Just testing the water :)

No comments:

Post a Comment