Friday 1 October 2010

.working.lady.=.stresshead.


I now fully understand why teachers quit and why every classroom has a T.A. to help. These children are MONSTERS. Absolute uncontrollable monsters. Disrespectful beyond belief. BUT then again, while I was on placement last year a young teacher who had also ventured out to England right after finishing school told me, "Your going to want to kill those kids. Your going to think your unqualified and you want to quit. But remember you ARE a first year teacher. It is going to be the first time you are alone in a room with kids. It will seeeeem difficult, but regardless of where you are, you are going to feel the stress of being a new teacher." BEST advice so far, but its SO hard to remember that. I can't even explain how horrible they were. Year 5 = worst class ever. I was yelling at the top of my lungs, so loud I thought I'd loose my voice for a week. But they don't give a fuck. Thank god for only being a supply. Hopefully I'll never have to see those rotten children again! Flip side of things, yesterday I had 2 really great classes :) 


Recently, I have come to a sad, sad realization. There just is not enough money this year to see everything I want to see. Whom ever says they can see the world on nothing, please, tell me your ways. Because right now it's slightly killing my soul :( Another absolute heart stabber is the shopping, or lack/restrained shopping that is happening. For all those who do know me, know that this is one of the worst feelings to me! Does NOT help that everything is really cheap! UGH. 


I feel as though life is almost moving too fast. Even though i JUST started working, I feel like October break is coming soon and I don't have the money to go somewhere big. Such a sad feeling. Today is yet another gloomy England day, raining as if God is putting us through the next flood with no clear skys ahead. boo. 
One of the great pluses to living in the UK is all the AMAZING photos I get to take. My brother would absolutely love it here! So much to see and do. Then again, you would think I'd never get bored. Oh but thats where your mistaken. Very bored sometimes, especially on days like today where you want to go out, but you don't want to get wet. It's just not a winning situation lol. I'm in a somewhat scatter brain mode right now, so I'll end this rant with a see-you-later-alligator :D

No comments:

Post a Comment