Monday 7 February 2011

.left.behind.

I miss the focus that we put on our relationship back at home. The only care we had back home was making each other happy. All we cared about what keeping ourselves entertained, and enjoying the company of our family and friends. There was no worrying about getting paid correctly and on time because CANADIANS do that shit right. There was no hassle getting food, no need to WALK to a grocery store and then hull it home, we had our own cars. We could pick up groceries in the middle of the night thanks to 24hour Sobeys... that idea is now just a distant memory because here nothing is 24 hours. My chiro, massage, and doctor were all obtainable whenever I wanted...and now I've got none. No morning stress of trying to figure out where to go because i had a car and a gps - traded that in for shitty public transit. all our friends were a hop or skip away. Life was good. We were focused on a good life. we traded all that for distance. Distance was big for us, always driving, always in a car, always the crappy goodbyes. now we never have to deal with that. we are always together minus the times im at work. We traded all that for the possibility of travel - to see Europe. What I left behind was a shitty waitress job - although, as shitty as it was, it was a job I could take time away from, leave at the end of the day and not take home, it was somewhat fitting. But part of moving out here was to take a step forward. A step in my career and a step forward in our relationship, which is what is happening. As much as I hate hate hate my job sometimes, its giving me the experience that Canada couldn't. As for the moving forward in our relationship, that we definitely are. Worrying about something to do is the least of our worries now. Back at home things were simple, we just have more on our plate. And regardless of where we are in the world, all the new things we have to deal with, would have happened. Moving forward isn't always the easiest, but something we all have to do.  Moving forward with the right person is where some people will make a mistake. I am ever so happy to know I am with the right person. I found this quote online somewhere, and it made me stop and think - yeah, that IS my babe. How luck am I :)


“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”



No comments:

Post a Comment