Wednesday 2 February 2011

.breaking.point.


That comic has pretty much been my life for the past few weeks. And im referring to the wild animals in the background. The picture to the left is what I do all day. So much to the point where I am loosing my voice. I think I've just about had it. If you were unaware, I've been working with a particular year one class that has been raised by animals. 5-6 year old children who have a complete disregard for any type of human behaviour; who cannot mimic human behaviour or kindness. I would put my money on it, they are the hardest and most challenging group of children in all of Birmingham. Children who cannot for the LIFE of them sit on a carpet quietly. Cannot line up quietly, cannot go to a table and work quietly, who don't know how to raise their hand to speak. Children who can't ask to go to the toilet and just run out whenever they want. Children who punch other kids, kick other kids in the back. The violence is unsettling. The language - oh my g**. These Children cannot read or write because no teaching can be done due to the fact that every adult in the room is trying to tame them. There are a few good ones, the type you wish you could just multiply because they are so excellent. This class is never ill. ALL 30 of them show up everyday. EVERY.DAY. Its a break for the parents really. There is a group of them that should be put into special behavioural schools because they do not understand how to interact within a classroom. A teacher who never raises her voice absolutely lost it today and just about broke the windows on the door for slamming it so hard.... that is how wonderful my day was. We have tried just about everything. But still they can't seem to get anything right. The problem is.... these children need a dam good beating. When I was younger, talking back to ANY adult would get you a smack. Getting daily bad reports from your teachers would most definitely get you a good beating. Today kids are dam spoiled. They come home to their Wii's, PlayStations, computers, whatever. I have had to speak to parents every single day. My efforts are all used up. I feel like I have aged 10 years in the 2 weeks I've spent with this lot. The pay just about isn't worth it. If you have any suggestions, please, lets hear them lol because I am just about out of ideas. And physical violence doesn't count.... I wish it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment