Tuesday 7 December 2010

winter.has.come.damit.

"Your from Canada, aren't you used to the cold?" ... NO! The UK has such a different type of cold. It may be sunny, but sure as hell does not feel sunny at all. Its the type of cold that gets into your bones. Its freaking cold out here! Thankfully I was oh so smart and brought my TNA parka! phew! And I've pretty much been wearing since the end of September! AND my UGGS otherwise my feet would absolutely freeze! This also makes traveling in the UK completely dreadful :( Oh how I have come to hate public transit even more. This also diminishes any desires I have to travel. A few friends of ours are heading out to Stone Henge and Bath this week but I think we will save that trip for a warmer season :) Just want this winter to be over, its not fun at all. I might actually say I'd rather have the winters of Canada.... wait a minute... white outs, black ice, minus 40 weather.... I might take that back :s

This photo above was taken on our lovely street in Birmingham one cold day after work. A day of work in which the school closed down early because it was snowing too much. I don't think they know what too much is! Not to Canadian standards that is. This is a short one folks. I'm actually swamped with work this week.. TAKE home work! haha but fingers cross I may have some good news in a few days :D 

ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment