Tuesday 14 December 2010

.december.festivities.

It's crazy to think I've been living in the UK for 4-ish months! Time is just flying by!! Nothing terribly exciting just yet, but we did celebrate a little Canadian Christmas with all the teachers and their other halves. Got real full, had some laughs, made paper snowflakes, watched Sam cut up our chicken with scissors (lol) and drank countless bottles of wine :) It was a good time :) So of course I didn't really take many pictures....opps.... but heres one of Liz with our window of flakes and mike with his special K snowflake :) Everyone's pumped for the holidays, and why wouldn't you be. We get TWO WEEKS OFF :D One of the joys of being in Education! I am looking forward to this holiday very much. Not even going anywhere, just being able to not get up at 6am and relax and go shopping when I want. YEAHHH!!!!!




Speaking of shopping...we've been doing, what seems like a lot of it! I never thought I would get so excited about a map... but check it out!!!! It was at Waterstones (like a Canadian Chapters!) 

Our Photographer man Bobby D!!

Us in a blink of an eye :)
 
 Found lots of cool hats and such.... --> the Cheubacca hat! and a cool gladiator looking hat! Its so hard shopping around christmas time. I just wanna buy a shit load of stuff! But can't. I did send home a christmas package...hope all enjoy it! And now that Christmas is coming, the snow decided to go away :( A plus this week has been that almost all classes I've had to supply the past 2 weeks are doing their Christmas plays/nativities, or having Christmas parties!! So not much teaching going on!! :)





Tis now the time to sit back and relax.... 
Spending the holidays feels very different when in a new country... but only different because you don't have your family, or the selection of friends to catch up with over christmas holidays :( kinda bummy. But you gotta deal with what you got ya. And I can't wait for our HBC Canada sweaters (or what they call jumpers) to arrive!!! Thanks again mum and dad!! I know theres much more I wanted to say, but what a surprise, the day at school has left me drained of any energy. 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment