Friday 31 December 2010

.anticipation.kills.


Does anyone remember what it feels like to be so excited for something that nerves keep you from sleeping and you find yourself perched by a window waiting for that one person or thing to come into sights? You find yourself awake so early that the air still smells so fresh and crisp as if none of the daily toxins have corrupted its flow. The sound of birds chirping is still in the air. Other than Christmas time, whatever happened to real anticipation. Why am I up so early? Waiting for a package to arrive. And without the luxury of having a vehicle and being able to pick up a missed package in an instant, instead I am waiting by my window for the sights of that Royal Mail truck. Occasionally peeking my head out the door to see if he is down the street possibly delivering other mail. The other reason for this insanity is that our door bell is out of commission and we live on the top floor. Do you think a post-it saying "Dear Mr. Postman, flat 5 has no doorbell. Would you please hollar real loud so we can hear you or call my mobile so I can run down and receive my package? Thank you SO very much, Happy New Years!!" -- would this suffice? are postman's out here nice and sensible enough to carry out my instructions?? Yes, did I mention it is New Years Eve and I am awake at 9am sitting by a window waiting for Postman Pat... and his black and white cat. It's going to be a very L  O  N  G  day thats for sure! :(  

No comments:

Post a Comment