Saturday 13 November 2010

is everyone ready....YES MISS. H!

Yes, that has been the phrase of my week. It is the phrase that can get me absolute silence. 

A full week of work in the same room is both amazing and exhausting. I've come to love these little bacteria spreading aliens. and I mean bacteria spreading! The other day a child actually coughed a piece of spit into the corner of my EYE! UGH! There and then I had to remind them of what we do when we have to sneeze or cough. THEN I told everyone to take 2 bum spaces backwards! ahaha Not only have I spent a week with them, I am still supplying for yet another week with them! :D They have been trained to respond to a little musical tune. Its actually quite amazing, I am astonished every time. As loud as the room may get, as soon as they hear "Is everyone ready?" or "Is everyone listening?" they hear it and stop what they are doing and yell back "YES MISS. H" its lovely! If I haven't mentioned it, they are a reception class, for all those back at home, this is Kindergarten! lol. love it! I could rant and rave about all my escapades in reception but I think I am out of that bottle of energy. They are quite the class though :) I am hoping this is my foot in the door with this school, because its close, I can sleep a little longer in the morning, and they are great kids! 

So although working everyday is fantastic, it doesn't leave me with much time or energy after work. But that's what weekends are for right?! Speaking of weekends, this weekend (today) was the Christmas parade in the city centre, and man I haven't seen that many people crammed into one space! But it was nice, and they had nice lights hanging from all over. And it may be cold outside, but people seem to dress like its freaking summer outside! Don't understand?! It's been a nice relaxing weekend, we even put up a Christmas tree this week!! It's fantastic! I will post a picture up soon! 

Also today we found out that the only place in Birmingham to sell Jelly Belly's is Selfridges and its 2.99/100 grams! Insane!! It equals out to about maybe 2 handfuls. Where is sugar mountain!! (miss that place)....we got some anyways! :) And man are they tasty!!! :D Thats all i got for now....

Till then.... KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON! (gonna live in Britain, might as well act like them! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment