Monday 12 September 2011

.missing.more.than.expected.

It is said that a Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to. I travelled back home to the motherland of Canada and it could not have been better. Well, the weather could have been better but compared to living in the UK, it was a tropical destination! 3 weeks flew by within a blink of an eye, I could not believe it. I wish I could have had more time with my family and friends. I know a year flew by which makes me feel like it will be alright, because I will be home before I know it. But still, it sucks going back. I also fell into some information while being home, families are expanding left, right and centre! I cannot wait to be back next year to see the new borns growing up and the new to come :) 




 


We hesitantly boarded our plane back to Birmingham, and surprisingly no one cried! hahaa. The flight was alright, because we were flying in the evening it wasn't nearly as tiring as flying to Canada when we had to get up at 4:30am! We arrived back home to find that our luggages were the LAST to be unloaded. I nearly fainted to think they had almost lost our luggage on a single way flight... it does happen! It took me a few days to re-adjust to the time zones... all this means is that I slept for days upon days while Mike unfortunately had to go straight to work the day we flew in :(


After my jet-leg was gone, I popped back into the Birmingham citee centa (thats how a British folk would say it! lol) it almost felt like the first year, seeing everything again for the first time. I had totally forgotten about the riots and was wondering why all the shops looked so brand new and re-modeled.... DUH! lol. School was just starting up again shortly after we arrived home, which only meant that here come the headaches! 



We fiiiinally decided to go bowling! Mike and I were wanting to go the whole first year we moved to the UK. It finally happened :) It was great! Except for the fact that I was pretty much taking home the final title when Bobby decided to really focus and beat me by 2 points. TWO POINTS! damnit. But overall, a great chance to finally get some cheap-o drinks and see a few familiar faces :) 
Dam look at me tanned, can't england be nice and sunny so i can stay that colour forever?? pleaasseee :( 



Well I think this concludes my gabbling for today. Cheers matey!

No comments:

Post a Comment