Sunday 25 September 2011

a loss of moral fibre.

Other than being asked if I am American, the next most popular question is "why do you think Canadian children are better? More behaved?" and its so hard to answer that without sounding like a complete asshole. But its not a surprise that people all over the world are aware of the unbelievably bad behaviour of England's youth. Before I moved here to teach, every single person must have asked me "WHY".... "they are terrible over there" .... and they are terrible, no exaggeration needed. This is my theory: a) people here have nothing to fear, no one to fear actually. Their police do not carry guns but little batons, wtf will you do with that. b) parenting is non existent, well, in many parts of the UK at least. Children are having children. What kind of a government awards young mothers who have no future, no education, and no job? Young mothers are entitled to their own place to live if they have a child. This is only creating the same circumstance for the next generation. Why work hard and get an education to get me a job to get myself a house when I can get knocked up and get my own place for free with government help and aid. Hard work seems to be a fairytale for many of the youth here. I see it in my own children, behaving and acting like their own parents. Not only that, but a lot of the time its single parents. They don't know how to raise their children because half the time, they are children themselves. c) They are too spoiled. I don't see why it is so bad to implement a little bit of hard disciple in your own house. I see parents trying to bribe their own children for good behaviour in school because they are tired of having to come into school and talk to the teachers day in, day out about the terrible behaviour. BRIBES?! It should be expected and nothing less. I feel people here have no balls to put a foot down, which seems ridiculous. Expectations should be set from day 1, there should NEVER EVER be a question about authority. The child should NEVER have the expectation that they always win and the parent listens to them. Never. How is it even possible that the youth here walk all over their own parents. Unsightly.
Now, for those of you who enjoy the BBC, there is a series called Worlds Strictest Parents, which should really just be called good parenting. In these shows they take the magnificent youths of the UK and ship them off to somewhere else in the world for a week in 'hopes' they change and become a human being. I love watching it but at the same time, I get so frustrated with what I see. England was once a great country that produced well educated fine human beings. That has gone down the shit hole. The youth of the UK have no idea what moral fibre is, they have no concept of what it is like to have respect for anyone or anything. They do not know how to behave in any situation, they believe that everything should just be given to them and they have no manners what so ever. They are degradation of English society. It blows my mind to see these teenagers come on the show, act as if they were raised by animals and have no concept of the world around them. I see this development at work all the time and its really sad. 90% of the children who come onto this show come from a broken family, rarely is it two parents and even more rare its the two original parents. And again, most of these single moms had their kids when they were very young. They let their children push them around for years and I suppose they come on this show because they finally can't take it. Ever heard of tough love, fucking dish that shit out. I saw an episode today and for the first time, the young girl actually was in a private boarding school and got kicked out. First off, private school in the UK is hella expensive. Second, she could have gone to a state school and saved her family a ton of money because she learned nothing from being there. Spoiled brat is what she is. Also a mixed race, which she hated. Don't know why because she's gorgeous, half black people are always good looking. Every teen that has been on this show believes that because their parents brought them into the world, they are expected to pay their way for everything. Education seems to not matter to anyone in the UK. With the option of leaving school at 14 (or 16) a lot of them do. And they are only sent away for 1 week. In my opinion there is NO WAY these kids actually change. Its not nearly enough time, maybe enough for them to think they can change, but not actually do it. I've never seen anyone behave the way these teens behave. If I ever, ever, had a child like any of these, no way you would be living under my roof. They are disrespectful beyond believe, beyond tolerance. It was actually very hard for me to watch todays episode because I was in pure shock and horror at their behaviour. And im no prize child, I know what its like to be 16 and to have no cares, but omg, this is a completely different story. This is our human race going backwards in development. World's Strictest Parents....please. They are real parents plain and simple, and I am happy to know that I was raised by true parents. If the UK doesn't change, there society will be at the bottom of the feeding pool. An Uneducated, unmotivated, disrespectful society. I guess thats why upper society is trying its hardest to keep what they can of the elite and prestigious lifestyle. It really is a society that is disappearing. So if you get a chance, check out that show on the BBC. My advice to the UK... good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment