Sunday 8 January 2012

Bonjour 2012!


Hello 2012! We welcome a new year with high hopes. I have had so much happen since I was last spotted blogging something down, and hopefully I can share all that in a few sentences. 
I am now a very proud teacher of a wonderful Year 1 class in central Birmingham. They are an absolute delight, at times a bit lively, but they are 5 years old, what do you expect?! It all just came very suddenly so I have been busy planning, planning and planning. Mike and I finally took a much deserved holiday to Roma. One of my most favourite places in the world. I think it has something to do with its beauty. Every where you look a rustic building, beautiful cobble streets, sun always shinning, and it just amazes me that a wonderfully old and historical city just exists in a busy metropolitan. The food was never a disappointment. I had the chance to visit Rome while I was in university and even after seeing it again in December I would gladly go back. I think Italy is one of the countries I would love to see every part of. There are so many other cities I want to visit, Tuscany, Milan, Sicily, Pisa, and the list could just go on. There is nothing quite like Rome. Mike had a blast. It was his first time and he enjoyed every single minute. We walked all of Rome, which really is not that big. Its just every step you take you feel inclined to take a picture, so it takes you three times longer to get to a destination. But we took this vacation for exactly that, to relax and enjoy life. To take a step back, to get out of our busy city lives. We arrived back home in Birmingham on Christmas eve and we spent it with one of my closest friends. 

 
New Years was quiet because we already had such a busy and amazing time in Rome and great Christmas. We went to see some fireworks in the city but that was a big flop. 3 fireworks went up and something caught on fire and it was the end lol. But ah well, Mike and I had time to just be together before going back to the daily grind of work. Although for me, I still had another week off, which I used to plan my next term. 

Its always hard for me to make a new years resolution because I am never good at doing it.
So instead, I am going to do what I always do, just hope for a better year and try to be happy in what I have. I think thats my biggest issue, always wanting more. And I am so happy I have Mike because he is one of those people that can see the good in the smallest thing. I am very excited about my classroom, but I think I am finally looking forward to coming home. My one year abroad turned into 2 and I think im done. I can't wait to have my own place in Canada now. Although, six months in Rome wouldn't be a bad idea either!

This year I am looking forward to welcoming in a new family member, baby Huerto will be born in February and its very exciting. Still not sure if it will be a girl or boy, but either would be very cool! Its weird to think that my parents already had a family started at my age, but I am nowhere near that. There are still so many things I would like to do before I sit at home with a kid. But I think being abroad and having 30 children every day is a factor. I feel like being abroad will maybe keep me younger in some way, but I know its not. I am just a travel nut. I want to see the world. I've always wanted to see the world, and I don't forsee that ever changing. I am so grateful that I have dipped my toe into different parts of the world, largely thanks to my parents, but they have created a monster :p 
All I want to do is see new things, see old things really because the old things are just beautiful, they are a one of a kind and I think thats what I love so much about it.

Well, only time can tell what the future brings. All you can do is make the right decisions, see where the wind takes you. And so far, its been a pretty good ride :)



No comments:

Post a Comment