Wednesday 2 November 2011

possibly a granny at heart?

So its recently come to my attention that I think I have the soul of an old person. Well, in some respects at least. For instance, I have recently taken up crocheting. What 25 year old just takes up crocheting? ME, thats who! And my word, it is a tremendously harder than it looks. I started yesterday after seeing a friends blanket (which looked AMAZING! Go Lisa!) and thought, hey, how hard can that be? *YIKES* Well my first attempt looked like I had just tied the string in a bunch of knots. I think I probably stitched and undid my work 5 times before I figured it out. And at that, I thought I was doing an OK job, until today. I decided to try a different video on Youtube, which was much, much better. This is the video I watched today! I realized what I was doing wrong. Your supposed to double stitch into a double piece of yarn, not a single, and that is probably why my piece from last night looked so wrong. If the first lady would have said that I would have been much further today. If she did say it I must have missed it, or she wasn't being clear! :p 
By the end of this I hope I can make a blanket, or throw, thats my goal :) Oh right, yesterday for some reason I tried to do a wavy afrghan blanket.. whoa nelly, I think I will go back to that after I have made myself a headband! 
Now, back to my original thought... being stuck in a old persons mind. Going to bed early I think I can contribute to work, the school day starts at 9am, and unlike those of you who roll in at 9, I have massive amounts of prep work to do which means I really start at 8am. Not having a car also means I need to take the glorious public transit system :( Add an hour to that, plus getting ready... so I am up at anywhere from 5:30-6:30am. Its blows. Hand in hand with that, I get tired real early, lol, so I go to bed early. I have also noticed my lack of ability to withstand the next day after drinking. OMG. If none of these signs point to old person, this certainly does! Its feels like I have been run over by multiple trucks and the only thing I can do is sleep. SO needles to say, not a lot of drinking happening these days. But glasses of wine are still great to have in the evenings :)

Pictures of my progress, or lack there of :s 

 So to the left was probably mt second or third attempt at chaining and single stitches....

 Which then turned into this eventually... trying to double stitch then today realized it was ALL WRONG :(














 


This was my attempt at an afghan wave blanket.. which will be revisited sometime in the not so near future.







This is what I did today... my double stitch :) Its actually green and all the other yarns of blue and purple :s 

I am quite proud of this! Not sure what it will turn out to be, but at least its getting somewhere! 
I find the hardest part is keeping the yarn at the right amount of tension, because all my above pieces are very loose. This one is coming along!


No comments:

Post a Comment