Thursday 23 September 2010

.my.own.concrete.jungle.

 "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao Tzu
A new city, a new adventure, a new opportunity. I've just begun to read the novel eat.pray.love - this is my tribute/attempt to document my travels over the next year. Read this as a blog, as a diary, as a novel, whatever floats your boat. I realize in documenting all events as they happen it does not give me the chance to edit myself or look back and realize what has happened. So before you begin, I apologize for my backwards thoughts and hypocrisy that may just jump into words. This is the year I leap - looking for new scenery, new people, new traditions, essentially a new life. A life which has already shown itself to conflict with the North American way of living I have grown up in. The life where you feel the constant need to be busy, to always be a step ahead, to always have a plan, and to always over work.

So this is my new beginning. It will not be as structured as eat.pray.love - divided like a rosary into 108 perfect little tales. This is the story of a 1-million-thoughts-a-minute girl who sees the world in a whole new light - the story of my life. A life I might add that I am so very happy to share with my one true love (but that story will reveal itself in pieces im sure!). I am happy to say - this is not just a new chapter, but a whole new book to write as I see fit.

~cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment